Despite the fact that prostatitis is considered a disease that affects only men over 40 years old, it is quite often diagnosed in young people. What are the reasons for the occurrence of urological diseases in young people?
What is prostatitis
Prostatitis is a purely male disease, which is based on an inflammatory lesion of the prostate.
The disease can occur in one of two forms - acute or chronic. The acute form is characterized by pronounced symptoms, while the chronic form is not so easy to diagnose, because its manifestations are less noticeable.
Prostatitis can cause serious complications in the form of complete loss of sexual desire or infertility.
It is extremely important to know the symptoms of prostatitis and seek the help of a specialist in a timely manner.
The main signs of prostate inflammation include:
- Painful urination.
- Pain in the groin and lower abdomen.
- Decreased sexual desire and potency.
- Frequent urge to urinate.
- Increased body temperature, sweating.
- Premature ejaculation.
- Quick fatigue, general weakness.
Causes of appearance after 20 years
The causes of the development of the inflammatory process in the prostate in young men are often associated with an unhealthy lifestyle and a careless attitude towards their health.
The most likely causes of prostatitis in youth are unprotected intercourse or promiscuity. First of all, various sexually transmitted infections, which can be transmitted from a partner to a man, are dangerous.
Any unnoticed or neglected disease after some time necessarily gives complications to the prostate. The difficulty is that certain infectious diseases develop asymptomatically, so it is quite problematic to establish them.
The most harmful to men's health are the following infections:
Penetrating the body, the causative agents of these diseases gradually rise along the urethra to the prostate. This leads to infectious prostatitis, which requires therapy. If the inflammation is not cured in time, it turns into a chronic phase.
Another common cause of prostatitis in men over the age of 20 is long-term abstinence from sex and frequent overexcitation. Both a large number of sexual relations with different partners and a lack of sex can lead to inflammation of the prostate. A regular intimate life ensures normal blood circulation in the pelvic organs and protects against prostate clogging.
Sexual abstinence disrupts the natural functions of organs, which ultimately causes an inflammatory process.
Another common cause of illness in young people is hypothermia. If you stay outside for a long time in windy and frosty weather, and at the same time do not dress too warmly, then the groin area begins to hurt - this is how the body signals danger. After that, severe hypothermia can lead to prostatitis.
Causes of appearance after 30 years
Generally, inflammation of the prostate in thirty-year-old men occurs for the same reasons as in younger men. At increased risk are men who:
- They lead an inactive lifestyle. Physical inactivity leads to retention of blood in the pelvic area, which creates a favorable background for the development of inflammation.
- Abstain from sex for a long time;
- They suffer from chronic diseases of the urinary tract. Usually provocateurs of prostatitis at a young age are cystitis and urolithiasis.
- Not protected by a condom.
- They do hard physical work. With excessive loads, the pressure in the peritoneum increases, which hinders the process of blood flow to the pelvic organs.
Pathology can appear as a result of exposure to some other factors:
- Violation of the hormonal background. The lack of male hormones in the body does not have the best effect on potency and the ejaculation process.
- The presence of diseases of the digestive tract.
- Groin injuries.
- Excessive alcohol consumption.
- Use of intoxicating substances.
- Lack of vitamins and microelements.
- Irrational diet.
- Injury of the musculoskeletal system. For men suffering from osteochondrosis, the risk of developing prostatitis increases significantly.
Diagnosis and treatment
If you discover the first symptoms of prostate inflammation, you should see a urologist. The doctor performs a rectal examination and also probes the prostate to identify the inflammatory process.
Then the urologist prescribes additional diagnostic methods (tomography, necessary tests) and gives a referral to other specialists. As a rule, young men should consult a venereologist in order to eliminate infectious diseases.
Treatment of the disease should be individualized and carried out comprehensively. The basis of therapy is the use of anti-inflammatory drugs. Depending on the cause of the inflammation, antibiotics and antifungal agents are selected to fight the infection.
The specialist usually prescribes antibiotics:
- group of macrolides.
Local treatment is also prescribed, which includes:
- Prostate massage.